Wedgwood is a master-planned and historical midcentury neighborhood in southwest Fort Worth, developed between the 1950's and 1970's by E. L. Baker, Irwin Krauss, and S. G. Payte. This
"prestige suburb" is a shining example of the American Dream and post-WWII prosperity. The neighborhood was planned around access to schools, Benbrook Lake, and the new highway, and included the Wedgwood Country Club, Wedgwood Shopping Village, and Wedgwood Bowl - all midcentury modern buildings designed by the local architectural firm, Kneer and Hamm. The houses in Wedgwood show a huge variety in styles and architectural significance, reflective of the era. To pull off such a large development project, Wedgwood had over 100 builders and frequently involved the Fort Worth architectural firm, Heuppelsheuser and White. Wedgwood's earliest residents were very culturally and civic-minded and formed many neighborhood groups and clubs.
Wedgwood is home to Southwest High School, Wedgwood Middle Schools, J. T. Stevens Elementary, Bruce Shulkey Elementary, Westcreek Elementary, several places of worship, retail shops, and is home of the first public library branch in Fort Worth. We have active neighborhood associations, a garden club, and other citizen-led groups. Wedgwood is a highly desirable location for families because of the access to schools, large lots, plentiful trees, and more spacious houses.